I predict the rise of postmodern classics in the coming years. This, related hobby project is from Spy Magazine’s 1988 Guide to Postmodern Everything.
I remember that in architecture school, postmodernism was always clearly a humorous case, and something where even good architects had gone astray (people secretly thought how embarrassing it must have been for the older architects who had gone all postmodern few decades ago). In the Finnish architecture slang, postmodern often was expressed as “possu”, which also means “little pig”. The phrase would go: “well, isn’t that quite possu”.
However, I think to the post-postmodern generations that learned to see postmodern architecture as “funny”, the postmodernist writings and concepts and the notions made, are becoming more and more timely, as we see a further global modernization quickly advancing. What will it come to mean in architectural expression, I don’t really have a clue.
- thereminsoul likes this
- advancedsolutions likes this
- visualetecnologica reblogged this from frappesmegala
- visualetecnologica likes this
- straccetti likes this
- drawingfantastic reblogged this from andreasangelidakis
- lessamorevarchiveproject reblogged this from co-zine
- brunotautmesomething likes this
- benckendorfs likes this
- frappesmegala reblogged this from co-zine
- beefstrong likes this
- makgeollidiary likes this
- lessadjectivesmoreverbs likes this
- lambandlamp likes this
- thereisamajorprobleminaustralia likes this
- nikosmyrlis likes this
- koul1tsa likes this
- andreasangelidakis reblogged this from tomoso and added:
- andreasangelidakis likes this
- vectorequilibrium reblogged this from mikasavela
- ld2423 likes this
- fuckyeahbrutalism likes this
- contemplatingchicken likes this
- tomoso reblogged this from co-zine
- co-zine reblogged this from mikasavela and added:
- mikasavela posted this
Research and Practice in the Urbanity.
info(at)mikasavela.com Subscribe via RSS.