I’m continuing with my fascination with old urban planning material. These illustrations are from a Central Business District improvement plan for Apex, North Carolina, 1966.
I do love the style of the illustrations, especially in today’s world, where Googling “urban design” will bring up an entirely different kind of imagery. Though, despite the charm of its illustrations, the actual plan is quite strict in its clean modern ideals.
- sweet-hard likes this
- taller5 reblogged this from mikasavela
- themaximumcarpool likes this
- jbrooksdesign reblogged this from mikasavela
- fromtroywithlove likes this
- dascenzo reblogged this from physical-dreamscape
- physical-dreamscape reblogged this from mikasavela
- urbicus reblogged this from mikasavela
- thesociologist likes this
- utopiasandtopias likes this
- cu77y reblogged this from mikasavela
- adhocratic likes this
- iidesu likes this
- publicdesignfestival likes this
- dusik-laine likes this
- mrspiffy likes this
- mikasavela posted this
Research and Practice in the Urbanity.
info(at)mikasavela.com Subscribe via RSS.