View of model for the 1937 Paris Exposition Internationale des Arts et Techniques dans la Vie Moderne.
This is an interesting image, because it somehow puts the Eiffel tower in its original visual context, even though it originated from the 1889 Exposition Universelle. And if you see a modern day film, like maybe an American romantic comedy, you’re just bound to see a few shots of the Eiffel tower as the perfect backdrop. With this in mind, it’s fascinating to see the tower as something that it once was, a beacon of modern life, and not really something to be accompanied with an accordéon.
- tonnnnnnix3 likes this
- tonnnnnnix3 reblogged this from mikasavela
- de-formating likes this
- rubbybelle likes this
- concepturbanization reblogged this from rchtctrstdntblg
- rchtctrstdntblg reblogged this from booksnbuildings
- fairybarf likes this
- thevaliantbadwolf reblogged this from lastrackfiction
- michaelmangano reblogged this from booksnbuildings
- lastrackfiction reblogged this from booksnbuildings
- puccacienta reblogged this from booksnbuildings
- tertiumkid likes this
- voxvividus likes this
- priscillabasilio reblogged this from booksnbuildings
- priscillabasilio likes this
- sonofwarandwisdom likes this
- booksnbuildings reblogged this from mikasavela
- booksnbuildings likes this
- street-smart likes this
- bakerdean reblogged this from howweimagined
- icaronycteris likes this
- howweimagined reblogged this from mikasavela
- laurierollitt likes this
- motha-fuckin-meenah reblogged this from dianebluegreen
- dianebluegreen reblogged this from mikasavela
- geomyidae reblogged this from mikasavela
- mikasavela posted this
Research and Practice in the Urbanity.
info(at)mikasavela.com Subscribe via RSS.